Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Momesso Andrea

Default Netqmail and local mail

I've set up a mail server serving 2 domains following this howto:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/qmail-howto.xml

The server works fine and can send and recive mails.

The problem is that I don't know anymore where to find my local mail, for
example mail sent by cron jobs.

I'd like to have it forwarded to one of my accounts (for example my gmail
address) or, if this is not possible, to an account on the server, so that I
can access it trough horde webmail.

Can anyone tell me where local mail has gone? /var/spool/mail looks empty, so
I don't know where to search...

Old 11-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Stroller

The server works fine and can send and recive mails.

The problem is that I don't know anymore where to find my local
mail, for

example mail sent by cron jobs.

I'd like to have it forwarded to one of my accounts (for example my
gmail
address) or, if this is not possible, to an account on the server,
so that I

can access it trough horde webmail.

I have no idea where your mail was before - I'm afraid you didn't
bother to tell us.

I don't use qmail, but if I look at the HOWTO you followed, I see that
you've set this up already:

Code Listing 2.3: Setting up non-root account for mail
# cd /var/qmail/alias
# echo vapier > .qmail-root
# echo vapier > .qmail-postmaster
# echo vapier > .qmail-mailer-daemon

Thus all mail will be delivered to your vapier@yourdomain.com mailbox.
You can probably change this by putting bobsmith@gmail.com in
the .qmail-postmaster file.

If the mail isn't being delivered to you, then best guess is that the
cron system isn't actually set up to deliver it to you. If you use
qmail's replacement for the sendmail command to `sendmail postmaster <
Alice in Wonderland.txt`, is the message delivered?

Stroller.