Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Harry Putnam

Default new version of gcc

I noticed I've been masking gcc beyond version 4.3.2-r3, and have
forgotten why I had it masked.

I'm updating world right now, and wondered if I were to move up to
most recent gcc (4.4.2), which would be a 5 version jump, what I could
expect in the way of problems.

Would I need to re-emerge just about everything?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gentoo+gcc+upgrade+guide&l=1