Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM
James

Default (g)PXE booting

All,

Trying to set up a PXE boot solution in a lab environment instead of
rebuilding *nix systems repeatedly.

I have a few questions, below.

- are there any good PXE servers out there? I'm looking for something
with an easy-to-use front-end that I can use to easily deploy and
build new Linux "deployment" I want to boot via PXE

- what is gPXE all about? I hear it's better (supports boot-from-http,
etc.), but I haven't seen any concrete examples on how to set up a
gPXE Linux boot

Any thoughts / ideas appreciated.

-j

Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Keith Dart

=== On Mon, 11/02, James wrote: ===
> - are there any good PXE servers out there? I'm looking for something
> with an easy-to-use front-end that I can use to easily deploy and
> build new Linux "deployment" I want to boot via PXE

===

I use dnsmasq, which can also handle PXE booting (it's just a
particular setup of DHCP and TFTP).

-- Keith Dart

--
-- --------------------
Keith Dart

Old 11-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:52:05 -0800, Keith Dart wrote:

> I use dnsmasq, which can also handle PXE booting (it's just a
> particular setup of DHCP and TFTP).

+1

--
Neil Bothwick

Work is the curse of the partying class!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 PM
James

I guess what I was looking for was something like the Altiris PXE boot
server, where you can set up a repository of different PXE boot
options, etc.

-j