Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Mark Knecht

Default Firefox 3.5 without changing entire system to ~arch?

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Marcus Wanner <marcusw@cox.net> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Thank you, I added firefox and xulrunner to package.keywords and that did
> the trick.
>
> Marcus

You might want to periodically run eix-test-obsolete -d to see if the
two packages get marked stable before some other new ~arch version
comes out. If that happens, and it often does in my experience, then
you can remove the two packages from portage.keywords and you're back
to running stable.

In general I tend to have 4 or 5 packages in package.keywords at any
given time. I don't have too much trouble. Watch out if the list
starts getting large though as things get messy and you'll find
yourself doing more updates than maybe you want to be doing.

good luck,
Mark