Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Marcus Wanner

Default Firefox 3.5 without changing entire system to ~arch?

On 11/2/2009 1:26 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

On 11/02/2009 07:16 PM, Marcus Wanner wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to install firefox 3.5.x without changing the
entire installation to ~arch? I have been looking around on the web for
how to do this, but can't find anything that doesn't require being
(afaict) very invasive to the rest of the system. Thanks!

3.5.3-r1 is actually stable on amd64 but not on x86. You might want
to open a bug on bugs.gentoo.org about this.

OK. I will do that.

Marcus

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Marcus Wanner

Could anyone tell me how to install firefox 3.5.x without changing the
entire installation to ~arch? I have been looking around on the web for
how to do this, but can't find anything that doesn't require being
(afaict) very invasive to the rest of the system. Thanks!

Marcus

P.S. Mozilla considers this version to be stable/mature and is pushing
out it as the version most people should use. Why hasn't it been marked
as stable in the portage tree yet?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Alex Schuster

Marcus Wanner writes:

> Could anyone tell me how to install firefox 3.5.x without changing the
> entire installation to ~arch? I have been looking around on the web for
> how to do this, but can't find anything that doesn't require being
> (afaict) very invasive to the rest of the system. Thanks!

autounmask -p www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.3-r1 shows net-libs/xulrunner
(for three times which I find strange), but nothing else. Maybe I already
have some other stuff in package.keywords, but it's not that much.

Wonko

Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Mike Edenfield