Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Mike Edenfield

Default profiles/package.mask, where is it

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 20:17 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> When a package comes up as masked in an eix search, they are usually
> found in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask, but if a particular
> masked package is not listed there... where else would it be.
>
> I see libtool is masked above version 1.5.26-r1, but is not in
> /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask...

According to my eix output, libtool isn't masked, just keyworded (and
only 1.5.26-r1 specifically):

[i] sys-devel/libtool
Available versions:
(1.3) 1.3.5
(1.5) 1.5.26 (~)1.5.26-r1 2.2.6a **9999
{test vanilla}

That information is per-ebuild, found in the KEYWORDS line in
the .ebuild file; it will have keyword ~x86 or ~amd64 instead of simply
x86 or amd64.

--Mike

Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 02 November 2009 04:17:43 Harry Putnam wrote:
> When a package comes up as masked in an eix search, they are usually
> found in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask, but if a particular
> masked package is not listed there... where else would it be.
>
> I see libtool is masked above version 1.5.26-r1, but is not in
> /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask...

try syncing again, maybe you're just a little out of date there.

failing that, look in /etc/portage/package.mask*

> grep libtool /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask
> <nothing>
>
> Where else to look?
>
> Even this: search
> find /usr/portage/ -name 'package.mask' -exec grep libtool {} ;
> # Some weird libtool breakage on Solaris and Darwin

Well at least we know it's not hard-masked inside your profile itself :-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Harry Putnam

Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> writes:

> failing that, look in /etc/portage/package.mask*

Sure enough... I masked it.. but like Dick Cheney, I don't recall it.

Ahh the joys of senility

Old 11-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 02 November 2009 17:43:49 Harry Putnam wrote:
> Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> writes:
> > failing that, look in /etc/portage/package.mask*
>
> Sure enough... I masked it.. but like Dick Cheney, I don't recall it.
>
> Ahh the joys of senility

Don't feel too bad about it. At least you didn't forget your girlfriend's name
(like I did)

:-)

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com