Old 10-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Mark Knecht

Default depclean / db & php loop

Hi,
Earlier today emerge --depclean wouldn't remove db because 3
programs needed it so I rebuilt the 3 programs but it's still
complaining about php. Sometimes I'll just remove the problem package
- like db in this case - and then let an emerge -DuN @world /
revdep-rebuild fix it, but I wanted to be careful with db as it might
be important to portage or eix.

What's the right way to fix this?

If it matters this is a PPC Mac Mini used as a MythTV backend
server. revdep-rebuild -ip says everything is clean and emerge -DuN
@system @world is finished.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

>>> Assigning files to packages...
* In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
* packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
* packages that pulled them in.
*
* sys-libs/db-4.6.21_p4 pulled in by:
* dev-lang/php-5.2.11 needs libdb-4.6.so
*
>>> Adding lib providers to graph... |
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> No packages selected for removal by depclean
>>> To see reverse dependencies, use --verbose
Packages installed: 353
Packages in world: 35
Packages in system: 52
Required packages: 353
Number to remove: 0
MacMini ~ # emerge -pv php

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] dev-lang/php-5.2.11 USE="apache2 berkdb bzip2 cgi cli
crypt gd gdbm iconv ldap mysql mysqli ncurses nls pcre posix readline
reflection session spell spl ssl truetype unicode xml zlib (-adabas)
-bcmath (-birdstep) -calendar -cdb -cjk -concurrentmodphp -ctype -curl
-curlwrappers (-db2) -dbase (-dbmaker) -debug -discard-path -doc
(-empress) (-empress-bcs) (-esoob) -exif -fastbuild (-fdftk) -filter
(-firebird) -flatfile -force-cgi-redirect (-frontbase) -ftp
-gd-external -gmp -hash -imap -inifile (-interbase) -iodbc -ipv6
(-java-external) -json -kerberos -kolab -ldap-sasl -libedit -mcve
-mhash -msql -mssql (-oci8) (-oci8-instant-client) -odbc -pcntl -pdo
-pic -postgres -qdbm -recode -sapdb -sharedext -sharedmem -simplexml
-snmp -soap -sockets (-solid) -sqlite -suhosin (-sybase) (-sybase-ct)
-sysvipc -threads -tidy -tokenizer -wddx -xmlreader -xmlrpc -xmlwriter
-xpm -xsl -yaz -zip" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
MacMini ~ #