Earlier today emerge --depclean wouldn't remove db because 3
programs needed it so I rebuilt the 3 programs but it's still
complaining about php. Sometimes I'll just remove the problem package
- like db in this case - and then let an emerge -DuN @world /
revdep-rebuild fix it, but I wanted to be careful with db as it might
be important to portage or eix.
What's the right way to fix this?
If it matters this is a PPC Mac Mini used as a MythTV backend
server. revdep-rebuild -ip says everything is clean and emerge -DuN
@system @world is finished.
Thanks in advance,
>>> Assigning files to packages...
* In order to avoid breakage of link level dependencies, one or more
* packages will not be removed. This can be solved by rebuilding the
* packages that pulled them in.
* sys-libs/db-4.6.21_p4 pulled in by:
* dev-lang/php-5.2.11 needs libdb-4.6.so
>>> Adding lib providers to graph... |
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> No packages selected for removal by depclean
>>> To see reverse dependencies, use --verbose
Packages installed: 353
Packages in world: 35
Packages in system: 52
Required packages: 353
Number to remove: 0
MacMini ~ # emerge -pv php
These are the packages that would be merged, in order: