Old 10-30-2009, 10:56 PM

Default [OT[ How do I unautomate an OOO slideshow?

People send me slideshows, some of which are interesting enough to
watch. With OOO-3.0, I had to click or use NextPage for each picture
and I got no sound, and that was fine with me. Now OOO 3.1 automates
these slideshows and they really aggravate me -- I use Linux because
it's my computer and I want to set my own pace, not be bored by auto
numbness.

Is there some way to put a slideshow in manual mode, either on the
command line right from the start or during it? I know ESC quts it,
but that's not what I want. All the docco I find seems to think this
automation is just dandy and teaches how to enable it, but nothing on
how to turn it off.

Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E 6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933

Old 10-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Etaoin Shrdlu

On Friday 30 October 2009, felix@crowfix.com wrote:

> People send me slideshows, some of which are interesting enough to
> watch. With OOO-3.0, I had to click or use NextPage for each picture
> and I got no sound, and that was fine with me. Now OOO 3.1 automates
> these slideshows and they really aggravate me -- I use Linux because
> it's my computer and I want to set my own pace, not be bored by auto
> numbness.
>
> Is there some way to put a slideshow in manual mode, either on the
> command line right from the start or during it? I know ESC quts it,
> but that's not what I want. All the docco I find seems to think this
> automation is just dandy and teaches how to enable it, but nothing on
> how to turn it off.

On my system, no slideshow advances automatically (at least none of the 7 I
tried before writing this).

Old 11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
Mick

On Saturday 31 October 2009 20:25:09 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On Friday 30 October 2009, felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> > People send me slideshows, some of which are interesting enough to
> > watch. With OOO-3.0, I had to click or use NextPage for each picture
> > and I got no sound, and that was fine with me. Now OOO 3.1 automates
> > these slideshows and they really aggravate me -- I use Linux because
> > it's my computer and I want to set my own pace, not be bored by auto
> > numbness.
> >
> > Is there some way to put a slideshow in manual mode, either on the
> > command line right from the start or during it? I know ESC quts it,
> > but that's not what I want. All the docco I find seems to think this
> > automation is just dandy and teaches how to enable it, but nothing on
> > how to turn it off.
>
> On my system, no slideshow advances automatically (at least none of the 7 I
> tried before writing this).

OOo-bin 3.1.1

Go to Slide Show in the main menu and then click on Type: Default or Window,
not auto.

I'm not near a machine with OOo built from sources but assume it would be
pretty much the same.

HTH.
Mick

Old 11-01-2009, 02:25 PM

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 10:34:27AM +0000, Mick wrote:

> OOo-bin 3.1.1
>
> Go to Slide Show in the main menu and then click on Type: Default or Window,
> not auto.
>
> I'm not near a machine with OOo built from sources but assume it would be
> pretty much the same.

No luck. I don't see any Slide Show in the main menu, but more to the
point, just about every menu option other than quit is grayed out
while the thing is running. I'll try downloading OOo-bin and see what
happens.