Old 10-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Marcus Wanner

Default Ethernet card not working, tried tulip drivers...

On 10/27/2009 8:36 PM, James wrote:

Marcus Wanner <marcusw <at> cox.net> writes:

To sum it up: How do I figure out what the name of my card is, and after
that, what driver do I need?

emerge lshw
'lshw <return>' may help

hth,
James

Except emerge won't work because internet won't work

Old 10-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Sebastian Beßler

Am 28.10.2009 02:22, schrieb Marcus Wanner:
> On 10/27/2009 8:36 PM, James wrote:
>> Marcus Wanner <marcusw <at> cox.net> writes:
>>

>>> To sum it up: How do I figure out what the name of my card is, and
>>> after that, what driver do I need?
>>>

>> emerge lshw
>> 'lshw <return>' may help
>>
>> hth,
>> James
>>
> Except emerge won't work because internet won't work

You have Internet to send this mails to the list.
Get the source-packages by hand and copy them to your distdir

Greetings

Sebastian

Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Marcus Wanner