Old 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default dpkg: failed to open package info file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' for reading: No such file or directory

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 20:36:07 Alexander Pilipovsky wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have emerged dpkg and tried to install deb package, but got error:
> dpkg: failed to open package info file `/var/lib/dpkg/status' for
> reading: No such file or directory
> How to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks!

I have no idea, but I imagine

mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg
touch /var/lib/dpkg/status

would be a good first test. Did you even attempt that much?

And why are you installing dpkg on a portage box? That looks like a vast file
collision fsck-fest just waiting to happen

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Alexander Pilipovsky

Alan McKinnon написав(ла):

I have no idea, but I imagine

mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg
touch /var/lib/dpkg/status

would be a good first test. Did you even attempt that much?

And why are you installing dpkg on a portage box? That looks like a vast file
collision fsck-fest just waiting to happen

I tried to

mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg

touch /var/lib/dpkg/status

touch /var/lib/dpkg/available

ln /sbin/update-rc /sbin/update-rc.d

and got a new error, heh

sh-3.2# dpkg -i nerolinux-3.5.0.1-x86.deb

dpkg: error processing nerolinux-3.5.0.1-x86.deb (--install):

*package architecture (i386) does not match system ()

*nerolinux-3.5.0.1-x86.deb

--
Alexander Pilipovsky aka Engraver