Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 PM
maxim wexler

Default gentoo on a usb stick

Hi group,

I was planning to put the i686-2008.0-LiveCD-installer on a USB stick and install it on a Asus 900A eeePC. But I understand the kernel on the CD is <v2.6.27 and therefore there is no Atheros driver for the eee's on-board wifi. Can someone confirm this?

If true, can I simply add the driver after the fact? Any body done this successfully?

Maxim