FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Daniel Pielmeier
 
Default can't upgrade to latest pkg

maxim wexler schrieb am 23.03.2009 17:08:
> I did eix-sync and upgraded portage but when I try to upgrade gentoo-sources portage wants to get v2.6.27 and for tuxonice-sources it goes for v2.6.24.
>
> How do I tell portage to get the latest packages?

These are the latest stable versions. If you want testing versions you
need to put the into /etc/portage/package.keywords [1].

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3

Regards,

Daniel
 
Old 03-23-2009, 04:43 PM
maxim wexler
 
Default can't upgrade to latest pkg

> These are the latest stable versions. If you want testing
> versions you
> need to put the into /etc/portage/package.keywords [1].
>
> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3
>

Nope,

Using the model given:

app-office/gnumeric ~x86

like this:

=sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86

in package.keywords, gives the same result as above.

mw



__________________________________________________ ________________
Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
 
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Daniel Pielmeier
 
Default can't upgrade to latest pkg

maxim wexler schrieb am 23.03.2009 18:43:
> Nope,
>
> Using the model given:
>
> app-office/gnumeric ~x86
>
> like this:
>
> =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
>
> in package.keywords, gives the same result as above.

No wonder =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 does not exist :-) With =
you set ~x86 keywords for exact that version.

eix tuxonice-sources
* sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources
Available versions:
(2.6.24-r9) 2.6.24-r9!b!s
(2.6.28-r3) (~)2.6.28-r3!b!s
(2.6.28-r4) (~)2.6.28-r4!b!s
(2.6.28-r5) (~)2.6.28-r5!b!s
(2.6.28-r7) (~)2.6.28-r7!b!s
(2.6.28-r8) (~)2.6.28-r8!b!s

So you need to set either this:
=sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28-r8 ~x86
to set keywords for exact the specified version

or this
>=sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
to set keywords for any higher version than the specified

or better this
~sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
to set keywords for any revision of the specifies version

Regards,

Daniel
 
Old 03-23-2009, 09:04 PM
ABCD
 
Default can't upgrade to latest pkg

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> maxim wexler schrieb am 23.03.2009 18:43:
>> Nope,
>>
>> Using the model given:
>>
>> app-office/gnumeric ~x86
>>
>> like this:
>>
>> =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
>>
>> in package.keywords, gives the same result as above.
>
> No wonder =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 does not exist :-) With =
> you set ~x86 keywords for exact that version.
>
> eix tuxonice-sources
> * sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources
> Available versions:
> (2.6.24-r9) 2.6.24-r9!b!s
> (2.6.28-r3) (~)2.6.28-r3!b!s
> (2.6.28-r4) (~)2.6.28-r4!b!s
> (2.6.28-r5) (~)2.6.28-r5!b!s
> (2.6.28-r7) (~)2.6.28-r7!b!s
> (2.6.28-r8) (~)2.6.28-r8!b!s
>
> So you need to set either this:
> =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28-r8 ~x86
> to set keywords for exact the specified version
>
> or this
>> =sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
> to set keywords for any higher version than the specified
>
> or better this
> ~sys-kernel/tuxonice-sources-2.6.28 ~x86
> to set keywords for any revision of the specifies version
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel
>

Also note, that the "~x86" part is now optional. If you do not specify
any keywords, then "~${ARCH}" is assumed (in this case ARCH=x86, so you
get "~x86" - this can help for keeping the same p.keywords file for two
different systems running on two different architectures, for example,
my amd64 chroot on my x86 box)

- --
ABCD
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAknIB1UACgkQOypDUo0oQOqEbQCfXbmHORqTvH 65BpmVkjEOKl64
NpkAniNDhCvFydQv4gSzWpH7lyh7F+gK
=i55W
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org