Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
maxim wexler

Default can't upgrade to latest pkg

Hi group,

I did eix-sync and upgraded portage but when I try to upgrade gentoo-sources portage wants to get v2.6.27 and for tuxonice-sources it goes for v2.6.24.

How do I tell portage to get the latest packages?

Maxim

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

maxim wexler wrote:

Hi group,

I did eix-sync and upgraded portage but when I try to upgrade gentoo-sources portage wants to get v2.6.27 and for tuxonice-sources it goes for v2.6.24.

How do I tell portage to get the latest packages?

By keywording them. By default, portage only installed latest "stable"
packages. To get "testing" packages too, place their atoms in
/etc/portage/package.keywords. For example, to get the latest
gentoo-sources, you can do insert this line:

sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

in /etc/portage/package.keywords.