Old 03-23-2009, 06:57 AM
Momesso Andrea

Default Resizing physical volume for lvm.

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:22:20 +0200
Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 22 March 2009 23:00:07 Momesso Andrea wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:35:35 +0200
> >
> > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Sunday 22 March 2009 22:15:14 Momesso Andrea wrote:
>
> > > Your data is safe if you do exactly the steps you said above.
> >
> > pvresize /dev/sda3
> > /dev/sda3: too many metadata areas for pvresize
> >
> > Looks like I cannot expand it...
>
> This code commit is giving the error:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/lvm2-cvs/2008-09/msg00001.html
>
> and a solution can be found in this thread (courtesy of that nice
> man Mr. Google):
>
> http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20081129.151331.dd8edce0.en.html

It looks more like a workaround than a solution. If my non native
English understood it well, it suggests to backup everything, recreate
the pv for the whole size, and then restore from backup.

This is exactly what I did not want to do in the OP... By the way, if I
need to, I will.

---
TopperH
htpp://topperh.blogspot.com