Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Francisco Rivas

Default Install on a Dell E4300

Hi all, I was trying to install Gentoo 2008.0 in a Dell E4300 but the kernel does not have support for the* Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection. Does anybody try to install Gentoo in that notebook? or does anybody knows a better way to get gentoo working on this dell notebook?

I did the following :

Get the stages 2 files, download the kernel 2.6.28 and compile it and after that I got support for my ethernet card and wireless card but the resto of the installation was really problematic, so I decided to make that question in these lists.

thanks in advance and best regards.
--
Francisco Rivas
http://www.vaslibre.org.ve