Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default splitting and printing big image

Hi!

I have a PDF document. One of documet's page is a (scalable) schematics.
Printing the page via my A4 Kyocera isn't suitable - I can see a schematics
with a lens only :-) Is there a way to split the page (into 2 or 4 parts) and
ptint parts separately (saving a scale, of course)?

Old 03-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Francesco Talamona

On Sunday 22 March 2009, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a PDF document. One of documet's page is a (scalable)
> schematics. Printing the page via my A4 Kyocera isn't suitable - I
> can see a schematics with a lens only :-) Is there a way to split the
> page (into 2 or 4 parts) and ptint parts separately (saving a scale,
> of course)?

Maybe you can convert the page with pdftk to an imagem and then "gimp"
it.

Ciao
Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.28-gentoo-r3, Compiled #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 8
12:38:59 CET 2009

Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:04:03 +0300, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

> I have a PDF document. One of documet's page is a (scalable)
> schematics. Printing the page via my A4 Kyocera isn't suitable - I can
> see a schematics with a lens only :-) Is there a way to split the page
> (into 2 or 4 parts) and ptint parts separately (saving a scale, of
> course)?

kdeprint has a poster print option.

--
Neil Bothwick

Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Sunday 22 March 2009 12:57:15 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:04:03 +0300, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > I have a PDF document. One of documet's page is a (scalable)
> > schematics. Printing the page via my A4 Kyocera isn't suitable - I can
> > see a schematics with a lens only :-) Is there a way to split the page
> > (into 2 or 4 parts) and ptint parts separately (saving a scale, of
> > course)?
>
> kdeprint has a poster print option.

Aha, 'poster' CLI has helped me. Thanks!