Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Jeremy Katz

Default Fix writing the default= line in grub.conf (#490756).

On Thursday, March 19 2009, Chris Lumens said:
> This was caused by trying to compare an instance of an object with a string,
> which of course is never going to work.

Indeed. Syntactically it looked fine, although I wonder if we should
implement __cmp__ for devices so that we don't have to explicitly
compare the name attrs

Jeremy

Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Chris Lumens

> > This was caused by trying to compare an instance of an object with a string,
> > which of course is never going to work.
>
> Indeed. Syntactically it looked fine, although I wonder if we should
> implement __cmp__ for devices so that we don't have to explicitly
> compare the name attrs

I worry that doing so may hide more problems in the future, but I do
like this idea. I wonder if and how we are comparing device objects
elsewhere.

- Chris