Old 03-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Jarry

Default nForce4 eth driver not working...

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my motherboard (nForce4 chipset):
Installation CD finds eth0 and brings it up (with whatever driver).
Now I'm trying to compile my kernel, and even if I select all gbit
ethernet cards, it does not work:

* Starting eth0
* Bringing up eth0
* 192.168.1.10
* network interface eth0 does not exist
* Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver) [!!]

lspci shows:
00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev f3)

MoBo manual says:
Nvidia nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY

What should I select in kernel config to have this ethernet
adapter supported???

Jarry

Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Justin

Jarry schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem with my motherboard (nForce4 chipset):
> Installation CD finds eth0 and brings it up (with whatever driver).
> Now I'm trying to compile my kernel, and even if I select all gbit
> ethernet cards, it does not work:
>
> * Starting eth0
> * Bringing up eth0
> * 192.168.1.10
> * network interface eth0 does not exist
> * Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver) [!!]
>
> lspci shows:
> 00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev f3)
>
> MoBo manual says:
> Nvidia nForce 4 built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY
>
> What should I select in kernel config to have this ethernet
> adapter supported???
>
> Jarry

Try forcedeth.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:35:14 +0100, Jarry wrote:

> I have a strange problem with my motherboard (nForce4 chipset):
> Installation CD finds eth0 and brings it up (with whatever driver).
> Now I'm trying to compile my kernel, and even if I select all gbit
> ethernet cards, it does not work:

Run lspci -k (or lspci -v) from the live CD to see which module it is
using.

--
Neil Bothwick

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.