Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Grant

Default Weird portage gnome USE behavior

When I try to emerge -DuN world I get:

emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
">=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.6[-gnome]".
!!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
- gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.11 (Change USE: -gnome)
(dependency required by "app-office/gnumeric-1.8.4-r1" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "world" [argument])

I have:

# emerge -pv libgsf
[ebuild R ] gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.11 USE="bzip2 gnome python -debug -doc"

and if I rebuild libgsf without the gnome USE flag, goffice and
abiword fail to compile. I looked at gnumeric-1.8.4-r1.ebuild and I
see under RDEPEND:

>=gnome-extra/libgsf-1.14.6[gnome=]

I'm pretty confused. Can anyone make sense of this?

- Grant