Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
James Stull

Default How to check a terminal session remotely

Here's my problem, lets say last night I start a rather long emerge in an xterm window or in a separate session like Ctrl+Alt+F2 or whatever. The next day I'm at work or a friends house and I ssh into my desktop so I can check on the status of that emerge. Is their a way for me to take over a session and see what's going on through the terminal?

I'm sure this is something simple, but so far google hasn't been much help since I really don't know what key words to search for.

--James