Old 02-09-2009, 12:45 AM

Default mit kerberos running on Gentoo Linux

Dear all. I've installed mit version of kerberos V on my Gentoo Linux
through the package repository (called portage in Gentoo). krlogin works
but krsh strangely quit with a message I don't understand:

zhangweiwu@esmeralda:~$ krlogin emerson.realss.com
Last login: Fri Feb 6 14:09:47 from 123.116.113.65
Linux Pyrrhus 2.6.18.1-fl2f-v1.02 #41 Thu Jul 3 10:13:18 CST 2008 mips64

The programs included with the RAYS GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

RAYS GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
zhangweiwu@Pyrrhus:~$ exit
logout
Connection closed.
zhangweiwu@esmeralda:~$ krsh emerson.realss.com
usage: rlogin [ -8EL] [-e char] [ -l username ] host

Should I complain to Gentoo packager or MIT or have problem of my own?

Thanks.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Montag, 9. Februar 2009 02:45:41 schrieb zhangweiwu@realss.com:
> zhangweiwu@esmeralda:~$ krsh emerson.realss.com
> usage: rlogin [ -8EL] [-e char] [ -l username ] host
>
> Should I complain to Gentoo packager or MIT or have problem of my own?

Any chance krsh is an alias in your shell? The output you see comes from
/usr/bin/rlogin.

Bye...

Dirk