Old 02-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Ian Lee

Default Change colours of xterm

I use to have a white text on black xterm, but since my last reinstall I
have not been able to change the colours.

I have copied the /usr/share/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color to
/etc/X11/app-defaults and changed the options to

*VT100*foreground: gray90
*VT100*background: black

I have XFILESEARCHPATH = /etc/X11/%T/%N:/usr/share/X11/%T/%N

but still no white on black xterm, what am I missing??

thanks Ian

Old 02-08-2009, 03:08 AM
Mike Kazantsev

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:57:18 +0000
Ian Lee <ian@leehouse.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> but still no white on black xterm, what am I missing??

You can try putting

XTerm*background: #001800
XTerm*foreground: #A8A8A8

to ~/.Xresources
WFM

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net

Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Ian Lee

Mike Kazantsev wrote:

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:57:18 +0000
but still no white on black xterm, what am I missing??

You can try putting

XTerm*background: #001800
XTerm*foreground: #A8A8A8

to ~/.Xresources
WFM

Thanks that worked.

I got finally got a system config rather than user config working
(not that i needed a system config)

/etc/X11/Xresources:
add

*customization: -color

/etc/env.d/10xpaths:
change
XFILESEARCHPATH=/etc/X11/%T/%N:/usr/share/X11/%T/%N
XFILESEARCHPATH=/etc/X11/%T/%N%C:/usr/share/X11/%T/%N%C

/etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color now works.