Old 02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
"Arttu V."

Default Ctrl+c kills KOrganizer 4.2 when it should copy text

On 2/6/09, Sebastian GŁnther <samson@guenther-roetgen.de> wrote:
> Some application does not capture ctrl+c, which is normaly the interupt
> shortcut in bash. So it surely is passed down to bash which intrupts
> startx, since it is the active job.
>
> I bet it won't happen with any Xsession started from any *dm.

Thanks for the tip. I tried adding xdm to default runlevel and
rebooted. Logging in from the kde(?) graphical login screen and
pressing ctrl+c in korganizer then resulted in screen flickering via
text mode back into the kde(?) login screen. So the same seems to
happen there. Well, actually a bit worse: no user can login after that
any more, later login attempts will flicker straight back into the
login screen.

> If it's possible then please test this, anyway you should pinpoint down,
> where else it is possible to kill your Xsession, so that you can file a
> bugreport to the right people.

Will do. Deep inside I was hoping that it would be just some
configuration issue I had missed. I'm currently browsing through all
the "ctrl+something" bugs in bugs.kde.org and will either find
something or squeeze a dump with debug info for a new one.

--
Arttu V.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
"Arttu V."

On 2/6/09, Stroller <stroller@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2009, at 12:36, Arttu V. wrote:
>> Any insight on where to start looking for the problem (and especially
>> solution) is most welcome, including pointing out stupid newbie
>> mistakes.
>
> Have you run revdep-rebuild?

Yes to revdep-rebuild -i and emerge --depclean and emerge
@preserved-rebuild, with revdep having run last. But yes, it's always
good to check that as we are talking about Gentoo systems.

--
Arttu V.