Old 02-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

Default kernel config for AMD790GX/SB750

On Freitag 06 Februar 2009, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to configure the kernel for a machine with
> AMD790GX/SB750 chipsets?
>
> Especially what to specify for
>
> SATA

AHCI. Please set ahci mode in bios.

> Audio

repends on the chip used. Probably a hda realtek. In that case: hda_intel.

> network device

depends on the chip used.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Dale

Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anybody know how to configure the kernel for a machine with
> AMD790GX/SB750 chipsets?
>
> Especially what to specify for
>
> SATA
> Audio
> network device
>

> Many thanks for a hint or pointer.
> Helmut.

If you are booted off a Gentoo CD and possibly others as well, lspci -v
can be a real good friend. It will tell you what drivers are being used
for what. Then just find those in the kernel config and enable those.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Yannick Mortier

2009/2/6 Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com>:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>

> If you are booted off a Gentoo CD and possibly others as well, lspci -v
> can be a real good friend. It will tell you what drivers are being used
> for what. Then just find those in the kernel config and enable those.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

lspci -v | wgetpaste (lspci -v with a pipe to wgetpaste) is also
great. (Don't forget to emerge it first if it isn't installed). Then
you only have to copy one link here which is easier if you have no
running xserver on the machine. But as the previous posters said:
There are different networking devices that are used on the mainboards
with the same chipsets so we need more information.

Maybe a precise name of the mainboard could also help but lspci -v is best.

--
Currently developing a browsergame...
http://www.p-game.de

Follow me at twitter!