Old 02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Iain Buchanan

Default SOLVED: Why does VMWare 6.5 ask for vmware-config.pl?

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 08:44 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:

> OK, so the question is why does VMWare not "work", ie. it still asks for
> vmware-config.pl and doesn't run.

after playing with vmware-netcfg, searching more on google and chmoding
various things, all to no effect, I remembered this file:

/etc/vmware/not_configured

I deleted it, started vmware, and now it works!

thanks for the suggestions.

Croll's Query:
If tin whistles are made of tin, what are foghorns made of?