Old 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default KDE-4.2 missing Oxygen

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:13:47 +0100, Naga wrote:

> I was wondering if I'm the only one who is missing the "Oxygen" desktop
> theme when installing KDE-4.2 from the kde-testing overlay?

It's there when you install 4.2 from the main portage tree.

--
Neil Bothwick

What colour is a chameleon on a mirror?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Naga

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 18:32:52 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:13:47 +0100, Naga wrote:
> > I was wondering if I'm the only one who is missing the "Oxygen" desktop
> > theme when installing KDE-4.2 from the kde-testing overlay?
>
> It's there when you install 4.2 from the main portage tree.

My bad, I did install from portage, kde-testing was before.

Do you use "kdeprefix"?

/Regards
Naga

Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Wednesday 04 February 2009 20:56:33 Naga wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 18:32:52 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:13:47 +0100, Naga wrote:
> > > I was wondering if I'm the only one who is missing the "Oxygen" desktop
> > > theme when installing KDE-4.2 from the kde-testing overlay?
> >
> > It's there when you install 4.2 from the main portage tree.
>
> My bad, I did install from portage, kde-testing was before.
>
> Do you use "kdeprefix"?

I've installed 4.2 from both kde-testing and portage. Oxygen theme is
definitely there. I can think of two things to look for:

How did you install 4.2? emerge @kde-4.2? some other way?

Did you rebuild Qt packages after installing KDE4? That is doing to eat your
kittens, themes and other stuff

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Naga wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if I'm the only one who is missing the "Oxygen" desktop theme
when installing KDE-4.2 from the kde-testing overlay?

Oxygen is in the package kde-base/kdebase-desktoptheme.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Naga

From kde-testing "emerge @kde-4.2" from portage "emerge kde-meta".

> Did you rebuild Qt packages after installing KDE4? That is doing to eat
> your kittens, themes and other stuff

I've reinstalled KDE-4.2 from portage at least 3 times, and in between
compiling it from svn. The svn copy always works ok, the portage one is always
missing Oxygen.

Guess I'll stick to svn...

Thanks all for trying to help.

/Regards
Naga

Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Naga wrote:
I've reinstalled KDE-4.2 from portage at least 3 times, and in between
compiling it from svn. The svn copy always works ok, the portage one is always
missing Oxygen.

Do you have kde-base/kdebase-desktoptheme installed? That's Oxygen.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Naga

On Thursday 05 February 2009 20:32:53 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Naga wrote:
> > I've reinstalled KDE-4.2 from portage at least 3 times, and in between
> > compiling it from svn. The svn copy always works ok, the portage one is
> > always missing Oxygen.
>
> Do you have kde-base/kdebase-desktoptheme installed? That's Oxygen.

Yes, that only pulls in some files under .../default/... (instead of
.../oxygen/...) no mention about Oxygen.

/Regards
Naga

Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Nikos Chantziaras