Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Default ENTER doesn't work in google.com?

Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and press
ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English* google.com. You
get there by clicking the "Google.com in English" link. It's this:

http://www.google.com/ncr

Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror
has no problem.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:
> Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and press
> ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English* google.com. You get
> there by clicking the "Google.com in English" link. It's this:
>
> http://www.google.com/ncr
>
> Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror has no
> problem.

Works for me.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Paul Hartman wrote:

Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and press
ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English* google.com. You get
there by clicking the "Google.com in English" link. It's this:

http://www.google.com/ncr

Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror has no
problem.

Works for me.

Then I guess the next question is, what's wrong here? :P

Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Dale

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and
> press ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English*
> google.com. You get there by clicking the "Google.com in English"
> link. It's this:
>
> http://www.google.com/ncr
>
> Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror
> has no problem.

I clicked on your link and tried it, it looked like it just refreshed
the page or something for me. No results or anything tho. Clicking the
search button worked fine.

root@smoker / # emerge -pv seamonkey

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] www-client/seamonkey-1.1.14 USE="crypt ipv6 java ldap
xprint -debug -gnome -mozdevelop -moznocompose -moznoirc -moznomail
-moznopango -moznoroaming -postgres -xforms -xinerama" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
root@smoker / #

Sort of weird, this worked a few days ago. I always hit enter/return
when I do mine.

???????

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Dale wrote:

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

[...]

I fixed it with rm -rf ~/.mozilla/firefox

:P

Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Dale

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and
>>> press ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English*
>>> google.com. You get there by clicking the "Google.com in English"
>>> link. It's this:
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/ncr
>>>
>>> Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror
>>> has no problem.
>>>

>> I clicked on your link and tried it, it looked like it just refreshed
>> the page or something for me. No results or anything tho. Clicking the
>> search button worked fine.
>>
>> root@smoker / # emerge -pv seamonkey
>>
>> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>>
>> Calculating dependencies... done!
>> [ebuild R ] www-client/seamonkey-1.1.14 USE="crypt ipv6 java ldap
>> xprint -debug -gnome -mozdevelop -moznocompose -moznoirc -moznomail
>> -moznopango -moznoroaming -postgres -xforms -xinerama" 0 kB
>>
>> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
>> root@smoker / #
>>
>> Sort of weird, this worked a few days ago. I always hit enter/return
>> when I do mine.
>>
>> ???????
>
> I fixed it with rm -rf ~/.mozilla/firefox
>
> :P

Not a option here. I would loose ALL my emails too. O_O

Is sort of weird tho.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark Knecht

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> Am I going crazy? In google.com, when I enter a search query and
>> press ENTER, nothing happens. Note: only on the *English*
>> google.com. You get there by clicking the "Google.com in English"
>> link. It's this:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/ncr
>>
>> Does the ENTER key work for anyone? I'm on Firefox 3.0.5. Konqeuror
>> has no problem.

Firefox 3.0.5. Works for me in Vista. Works for me in Gentoo.

My issue on Gentoo lately is that the box where you are supposed to
type isn't visible. There isn't any surrounding line like on Windows.
When I hit the back button I Can see the sounding line, but as soon as
my mouse passes over it the line goes away and the whole area is
white.

- Mark

Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Dale wrote:

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

I fixed it with rm -rf ~/.mozilla/firefox

:P

Not a option here. I would loose ALL my emails too. O_O

Is sort of weird tho.

I can't imagine your emails being stored in there. Firefox doesn't deal
with email. But you can simply "mv ~/.mozilla/firefox
~/.mozilla/firefox.backup" instead of deleting it just to be safe.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Michael Holmes

2009/2/4 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de>:
> I can't imagine your emails being stored in there. Firefox doesn't deal
> with email. But you can simply "mv ~/.mozilla/firefox
> ~/.mozilla/firefox.backup" instead of deleting it just to be safe.

He's using Seamonkey, not Firefox.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Michael Holmes wrote:

I can't imagine your emails being stored in there. Firefox doesn't deal
with email. But you can simply "mv ~/.mozilla/firefox
~/.mozilla/firefox.backup" instead of deleting it just to be safe.

He's using Seamonkey, not Firefox.

This just reminded me of why I don't use apps that do more than one
thing at the same. If they fsck up, you might lose more than one thing.