Old 02-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Tom

Default games-fps without blood

I played Wolfenstein 3D as I was 7, and Doom when I was 8.
And I'm in no way disturbed...I think

I think you can turn off gore in quake 3,so maybe anything (free)
derived from that engine also has the option!?

Tom

Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:00:40 Tom wrote:
> I played Wolfenstein 3D as I was 7, and Doom when I was 8.
> And I'm in no way disturbed...I think
>
> I think you can turn off gore in quake 3,so maybe anything (free)
> derived from that engine also has the option!?
>
> Tom

Ok, I'll clarify further: without "kill them!" :-)

Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

I played Wolfenstein 3D as I was 7, and Doom when I was 8.
And I'm in no way disturbed...I think

I think you can turn off gore in quake 3,so maybe anything (free)
derived from that engine also has the option!?

Tom

Ok, I'll clarify further: without "kill them!" :-)

Difficult to find an FPS without violence. Even in Consoles and MS
Windows. Why? FPS = First Person *Shooter*. Shooter = guns and kills

Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Kenneth Prugh

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:20:24 +0300
Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:00:40 Tom wrote:
> > I played Wolfenstein 3D as I was 7, and Doom when I was 8.
> > And I'm in no way disturbed...I think
> >
> > I think you can turn off gore in quake 3,so maybe anything (free)
> > derived from that engine also has the option!?
> >
> > Tom
>

> Ok, I'll clarify further: without "kill them!" :-)

It may not be an fps, but I recommend checking out
games-strategy/hedgewars if you haven't already.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:24:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Difficult to find an FPS without violence. Even in Consoles and MS
> Windows. Why? FPS = First Person *Shooter*. Shooter = guns and kills

Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related to "3D
reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed, used, told
about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D") games for
little boy, are not they?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

Difficult to find an FPS without violence. Even in Consoles and MS
Windows. Why? FPS = First Person *Shooter*. Shooter = guns and kills

Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related to "3D
reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed, used, told
about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D") games for
little boy, are not they?

The only ones I can think of are for Windows, unfortunately. :P

Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:26:58 Kenneth Prugh wrote:

> It may not be an fps, but I recommend checking out
> games-strategy/hedgewars if you haven't already.

Thanks, is wgetting just now.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

Difficult to find an FPS without violence. Even in Consoles and MS
Windows. Why? FPS = First Person *Shooter*. Shooter = guns and kills

Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related to "3D
reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed, used, told
about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D") games for
little boy, are not they?

Also, if commercial games are OK for you, I would recommend "World of
Goo". It's not 3D, but lots of fun. It has a Linux beta version available.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:34 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Tuesday 03 February 2009 07:15:29 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> > Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related
> > to "3D reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed,
> > used, told about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D")
> > games for little boy, are not they?
>
> Also, if commercial games are OK for you, I would recommend "World of
> Goo". It's not 3D, but lots of fun. It has a Linux beta version
> available.

My country isn't included in paypal list, so, I'm going to stick to the
portage tree :-)

Old 02-03-2009, 05:08 AM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2009 07:15:29 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> > Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is related
>> > to "3D reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed,
>> > used, told about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D")
>> > games for little boy, are not they?
>>
>> Also, if commercial games are OK for you, I would recommend "World of
>> Goo". It's not 3D, but lots of fun. It has a Linux beta version
>> available.
>
> My country isn't included in paypal list, so, I'm going to stick to the
> portage tree :-)

You probably know them already but tuxracer, frozen-bubble,
neverball/neverputt are fun 3D games for adults or kids and don't have
any violence or killing I dunno what is good for a 7-year-old kid
but I think any of those should be easy to learn. lincity is not 3D if
I remember but it's also fun no-violence game. Maybe it's too advanced
for a kid of that age.