Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Harry Putnam

Default Gack... cups docu

Anyone else have trouble accessing cups documentation?

Here using http://localhost:631 just fails with standard message
unable to connect to server at 631.

The html stuff under /usr/share/cups/html/
appears to have the href links setup so that they point to somewhere
on the file system that doesn't contain the hoped for file.

Anyway.. trying to decipher how to get to some handy setup help
appears to be a non-starter here at least.

And all that is happening before getting to anything useful to read.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Harry Putnam

> Anyone else have trouble accessing cups documentation?
>
> Here using http://localhost:631 just fails with standard message
> unable to connect to server at 631.
>
> The html stuff under /usr/share/cups/html/
> appears to have the href links setup so that they point to somewhere
> on the file system that doesn't contain the hoped for file.
>
> Anyway.. trying to decipher how to get to some handy setup help
> appears to be a non-starter here at least.
>
> And all that is happening before getting to anything useful to read.

Errr... nevermind.... /etc/init.d/cupsd solved that problem.

Seems it would be wise to say a word about that in the cups README.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Dale

Harry Putnam wrote:

>> Anyone else have trouble accessing cups documentation?
>>
>> Here using http://localhost:631 just fails with standard message
>> unable to connect to server at 631.
>>
>> The html stuff under /usr/share/cups/html/
>> appears to have the href links setup so that they point to somewhere
>> on the file system that doesn't contain the hoped for file.
>>
>> Anyway.. trying to decipher how to get to some handy setup help
>> appears to be a non-starter here at least.
>>
>> And all that is happening before getting to anything useful to read.
>>

> Errr... nevermind.... /etc/init.d/cupsd solved that problem.
>
> Seems it would be wise to say a word about that in the cups README.

I was curious about that because I clicked on the link and it opened up
cups here. I just thought I was the only one that could do that. o_O

Don't forget to add it to the default runlevel.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Harry Putnam

Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> writes:

> Harry Putnam wrote:
>> Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> writes:
>>

>>> Anyone else have trouble accessing cups documentation?
>>>
>>> Here using http://localhost:631 just fails with standard message
>>> unable to connect to server at 631.
>>>
>>> The html stuff under /usr/share/cups/html/
>>> appears to have the href links setup so that they point to somewhere
>>> on the file system that doesn't contain the hoped for file.
>>>
>>> Anyway.. trying to decipher how to get to some handy setup help
>>> appears to be a non-starter here at least.
>>>
>>> And all that is happening before getting to anything useful to read.
>>>

>> Errr... nevermind.... /etc/init.d/cupsd solved that problem.
>>
>> Seems it would be wise to say a word about that in the cups README.
>>

> I was curious about that because I clicked on the link and it opened up
> cups here. I just thought I was the only one that could do that. o_O
>
> Don't forget to add it to the default runlevel.

Probably would have but it happens, I don't want it running for the
most part.