Old 02-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Grant

Default Where can I download 2006.0 minimal LiveCD?

>> Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 2006.0 minimal LiveCD
>> iso? According to this:
>>
>> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/liveusb.xml
>>
>> "If you want to use the minimal CD on a smaller key or boot a <i686
>> system, you need to follow the procedure described in this document
>> with a 2006.0 minimal CD image because of a bug in more recent
>> releases."
>>
>> My USB key is only 512MB so I need the minimal CD. I tried going
>> ahead with 2008.0 anyway but it won't boot. I'm trying to install
>> Gentoo on an Acer Aspire 110.
>>
>> - Grant
>
> and what makes you think that an outdated kernel will boot on it?
>
> try systemrescuecd. They even have simple instructions how to put it on a
> small usb stick.

Thank you everyone for your kind offers. I went ahead with
systemrescuecd and if you choose the right kernel (vmlinuz-something?)
you boot right into Gentoo! I did try the minimal 2008.0 LiveCD but
it appears it is still broken. From that bug discussion, it sounds
like it won't be fixed.

I should also mention that I couldn't get anything to boot on my USB
key until I ran fdisk on it, even though it was pre-formatted.

- Grant