Old 02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
reQuiem23

Default localmount before fsck: e2fsck complaining

hi all,

i just noticed some warnings in my bootup process. the order of the services
in question is checkfs - localmount - fsck. however, checkfs does the
pending file system checks already before the partitions are mounted, so why
is there another service "fsck" which seems to do just the same? especially
because my /home partition is already mounted by localmount when fsck
starts, which is sort of a problem.

Greetings,
Niklas

Old 02-02-2009, 06:08 AM
ABCD

Old 02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
reQuiem23

Bugzilla from en.ABCD@gmail.com wrote:

hallo, thank you very much for the answer. i wouldn't now why checkfs should
have been in CONFIG_PROTECT, because i have never touched it, but it is true
that i had to update my openrc/baselayout. when i remove checkfs, though, it
would not solve the problem of localmount being run before fsck, would it?
the mounted /home part could still not be scanned, i suppose. am i wrong
here?

Greetings,
Niklas

Old 02-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Montag, 2. Februar 2009 14:03:29 schrieb reQuiem23:

> when i remove checkfs, though, it
> would not solve the problem of localmount being run before fsck, would it?

Sure it would.

> the mounted /home part could still not be scanned, i suppose. am i wrong
> here?

Yes.

Bye...

Dirk

Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
reQuiem23

Dirk Heinrichs-2 wrote:

> Am Montag, 2. Februar 2009 14:03:29 schrieb reQuiem23:
>
>> when i remove checkfs, though, it
>> would not solve the problem of localmount being run before fsck, would
>> it?
>
> Sure it would.
>
>> the mounted /home part could still not be scanned, i suppose. am i wrong
>> here?
>
> Yes.
>
> Bye...
>
> Dirk