Old 02-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default kde-4.2 - how to upgrade

Hi,

since kde-4.2 seems be to unblocked now, I'd like to try it.
But there are 408 (!) blocked packages.

emerge --unmerge kde-meta
didn't do anything.

So, what's a feasible way to upgrade?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 02-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:38:22 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> since kde-4.2 seems be to unblocked now, I'd like to try it.
> But there are 408 (!) blocked packages.
>
> emerge --unmerge kde-meta
> didn't do anything.
>
> So, what's a feasible way to upgrade?

Use automunmask, as already mentioned at least once this week.

--
Neil Bothwick

When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

since kde-4.2 seems be to unblocked now, I'd like to try it.
But there are 408 (!) blocked packages.

emerge --unmerge kde-meta
didn't do anything.

You need an "emerge -a --depclean" after unmerging all -meta packages.
But usually this won't work either since most people have normal KDE
packages in their world file too.

The way I did it was to use the qlist tool from the gentoo-utils
package. First I got a list of KDE packages:

qlist -Iv | grep -- kde

This will return a lot of packages. I then copy&pasted all relevant KDE
4.1 packages into an "emerge -C" command. Then at the end I did the
"emerge -a --depclean" and removed any left overs.