Old 01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Grant

Default Multiple ISPs into a Gentoo box

I'm hurting on cable bandwidth during contention periods and I'm
wondering about installing a DSL line as well. Has anyone put
something like that together? Can I make use of the combined
bandwidth and not just the redundancy?

I found some Ubuntu docs here:

but I'm wondering if there is anything resembling a Gentoo way.

- Grant

Old 02-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone put
> something like that together?

Yes.

> Can I make use of the combined
> bandwidth and not just the redundancy?

Hm. If I understand you correctly, then no. You can't.

But you can -for example- use one link or the other based on source ip address.

At work, we have one ISP for everyone, and one ISP for "emergency"
(iso downloads, etc) So, if source IP is 192.168.10.11 (mine) I route
the traffic via the "emergency" link and voila: I have 5Mbps for
myself

Or you can route based on destination IP, or let the router decide
which link to use.

> I found some Ubuntu docs here:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-521386.html

Maybe you'll find this link interesting: http://lartc.org