Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Arnau Bria

Default wicd manager on xfce4 not detecting wireless interfaces

Hi,

I've installed wicd and configured as
http://wicd.sourceforge.net/moinmoin/Wicd on Fedora says.

*Just starting its daemon

But when I open it I only see my wired conection.
My wireless interface is avaliable via ifconfig:
# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wmaster0 no wireless extensions.

wlan1 IEEE 802.11abgn ESSID:""
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: Not-Associated
Tx-Power=0 dBm
Retry min limit:7 RTS thrff Fragment thr=2352 B
Encryption keyff
Power Managementff
Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0

# ifconfig wlan1
wlan1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:1F:3B:2A:6D:0F
BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

But it does not appear in wicd client.
I'd like to use WEP keys, and I see no refernce to that option in
prefernces tab... only WPA.

Anyone with experience on wicd could give me some help, plesae?

TIA,
Arnau