FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Norberto Bensa
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

Hello list,

I emerged KDE-4.2 (RC first, final now) and Phonon wasn't getting any
backend. No video, no sound.

After recompiling KDE-4.2 with -kdeprefix, I see both Xine and
Gstreamer listed as backends.

So the question is: is kdeprefix a deprecated/not
recommended/broken/unsupported feature?

I never needed more than one KDE version at the same time, but I like
to have it separate from the rest of the system.


Thanks,
Norberto
 
Old 01-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I emerged KDE-4.2 (RC first, final now) and Phonon wasn't getting any
> backend. No video, no sound.

I have 4.2+kdeprefix and systemsettings show me the xine settings.

eix phonon
[i] kde-base/phonon-kde
Available versions:
(4.2) (~)4.2.0
(0) [M]**9999[2]
{debug kdeprefix}
Installed versions: 4.2.0(4.2)[2](22:24:28 27.01.2009)(kdeprefix -debug)
Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
Description: Phonon KDE Integration

* kde-base/phonon-xine
Available versions: (4.1) (~)4.1.4
{debug kdeprefix xcb}
Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
Description: KDE Phonon Xine backend

[i] media-sound/phonon
Available versions: (~)4.2.0!t (~)4.3.0 [M]**9999[2] {debug gstreamer
xcb xine}
Installed versions: 4.3.0[2](20:47:54 27.01.2009)(xcb xine -debug -
gstreamer)
Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
Description: KDE multimedia API

* x11-libs/qt-phonon
Available versions: (4) 4.4.2 (**)4.4.9999[1] (~)4.5.0_beta1[1]
**4.9999[1]
{dbus debug pch}
Homepage: http://www.trolltech.com/
Description: The Phonon module for the Qt toolkit.

[1] "qting-edge" /usr/local/portage/layman/qting-edge
[2] "kde" /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-testing

Found 4 matches.


> So the question is: is kdeprefix a deprecated/not
> recommended/broken/unsupported feature?

doesn't look like that.

> I never needed more than one KDE version at the same time, but I like
> to have it separate from the rest of the system.

me too.
 
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Norberto Bensa
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volkerarmin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I emerged KDE-4.2 (RC first, final now) and Phonon wasn't getting any
>> backend. No video, no sound.
>
> I have 4.2+kdeprefix and systemsettings show me the xine settings.

Damn...


>> So the question is: is kdeprefix a deprecated/not
>> recommended/broken/unsupported feature?
>
> doesn't look like that.

Ok. Thanks. Maybe there's something broken deeper in my box.


>> I never needed more than one KDE version at the same time, but I like
>> to have it separate from the rest of the system.
>
> me too.

:-)

Thanks Volker.

Regards,
Norberto
 
Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:

>
> Ok. Thanks. Maybe there's something broken deeper in my box.

which phonon related packages do you have installed?

>
> >> I never needed more than one KDE version at the same time, but I like
> >> to have it separate from the rest of the system.
> >
> > me too.
> >
> :-)
>
> Thanks Volker.

you are welcome.

Glück Auf,
Volker
 
Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Norberto Bensa
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volkerarmin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
>
>>
>> Ok. Thanks. Maybe there's something broken deeper in my box.
>
> which phonon related packages do you have installed?

zoolook@venkman ~ $ eix -I phonon
[i] kde-base/phonon-kde
Available versions:
(4.2) (~)4.1.96[1] (~)4.2.0 (~)4.2.0[1]
(live) {M}**9999!t[1]
{debug kdeprefix}
Installed versions: 4.2.0(4.2)(01:46:55 AM 01/31/2009)(-debug -kdeprefix)
Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
Description: Phonon KDE Integration

[i] media-sound/phonon
Available versions: (~)4.2.0!t (~)4.2.96[1] (~)4.3.0 (~)4.3.0[1]
{M}**9999[1] {debug gstreamer xcb xine}
Installed versions: 4.3.0(07:55:55 PM 01/27/2009)(gstreamer xcb
xine -debug)
Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
Description: KDE multimedia API

[1] "kde" /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing

Found 2 matches.


> Glück Auf,
> Volker

Thanks (I had to ask my girlfirend what "Glück Auf" means :-) )

Regards,
Norberto
 
Old 01-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
>
> <volkerarmin@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Samstag 31 Januar 2009, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> >> Ok. Thanks. Maybe there's something broken deeper in my box.
> >
> > which phonon related packages do you have installed?
>
> zoolook@venkman ~ $ eix -I phonon
> [i] kde-base/phonon-kde
> Available versions:
> (4.2) (~)4.1.96[1] (~)4.2.0 (~)4.2.0[1]
> (live) {M}**9999!t[1]
> {debug kdeprefix}
> Installed versions: 4.2.0(4.2)(01:46:55 AM 01/31/2009)(-debug
> -kdeprefix) Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
> Description: Phonon KDE Integration
>
> [i] media-sound/phonon
> Available versions: (~)4.2.0!t (~)4.2.96[1] (~)4.3.0 (~)4.3.0[1]
> {M}**9999[1] {debug gstreamer xcb xine}
> Installed versions: 4.3.0(07:55:55 PM 01/27/2009)(gstreamer xcb
> xine -debug)
> Homepage: http://phonon.kde.org
> Description: KDE multimedia API
>
> [1] "kde" /usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing

almost the same as on my box (except I have kdeprefix set and gstreamer
disabled),


>
> > Glück Auf,
> > Volker
>
> Thanks (I had to ask my girlfirend what "Glück Auf" means :-) )

I hope she gave you the correct answer

Glück Auf,
Volker
 
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Norberto Bensa
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<volkerarmin@googlemail.com> wrote:

> almost the same as on my box (except I have kdeprefix set and gstreamer
> disabled),

yup.. strange. Don't worry. I'll keep searching.

>> Thanks (I had to ask my girlfirend what "Glück Auf" means :-) )
>
> I hope she gave you the correct answer

"Good luck" or something like that.


> Glück Auf,
> Volker

Muchas gracias (spanish for "Thank you very much"),
Norberto
 
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Nikos Chantziaras
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

Norberto Bensa wrote:

Hello list,

I emerged KDE-4.2 (RC first, final now) and Phonon wasn't getting any
backend. No video, no sound.

After recompiling KDE-4.2 with -kdeprefix, I see both Xine and
Gstreamer listed as backends.


Hmm. I also don't have a list of back-ends. But sound works. I
noticed that media-sound/phonon-4.3.0 installs files in /usr/lib/kde4/
instead of /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/kde4/ (which would be the correct location
with kdeprefix I guess.)


Try linking /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/kde4/ to /usr/lib/kde4/ and see if that
works?


cd /usr/lib
mv kde4 kde4-backup
ln -s /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/kde4 kde4

Then re-emerge media-sound/phonon and restart X. I have this setup and
sound is working, but as I said, no back-ends are listed. I'm on OSS4
though, not ALSA, maybe this has something to do with it.
 
Old 01-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Norberto Bensa
 
Default kdeprefix is broken?

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:
> Norberto Bensa wrote:
>>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I emerged KDE-4.2 (RC first, final now) and Phonon wasn't getting any
>> backend. No video, no sound.
>>
>> After recompiling KDE-4.2 with -kdeprefix, I see both Xine and
>> Gstreamer listed as backends.
>
> Hmm. I also don't have a list of back-ends. But sound works.

Yes... I'm sorry. Sound actually works. Video doesn't. No backends listed.


> Try linking /usr/kde/4.2/lib64/kde4/ to /usr/lib/kde4/ and see if that
> works?

I reemerged with -kdeprefix, I think I will leave this as it is for now.


Thanks Nikos!

Best regards,
Norberto
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org