Old 01-31-2009, 01:37 AM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default KDE 4.2: where are network interfaces?

Hi!

KDE doesn't see network intefaces. At selecting System Settings -> Network
Settings -> Network Settings an error message appears (twice) saying about XML
file parsing error (with information message about platform detecting below
the error messages), and the Network Interfaces tab is empty. Thoughts?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Dirk Heinrichs

Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2009 03:37:51 schrieb Andrew Gaydenko:
> Hi!
>
> KDE doesn't see network intefaces. At selecting System Settings -> Network
> Settings -> Network Settings an error message appears (twice) saying about
> XML file parsing error (with information message about platform detecting
> below the error messages), and the Network Interfaces tab is empty.
> Thoughts?

I see the same. Didn't even know this existed :-)

On Gentoo, network interfaces are configured in /etc/conf.d/net and can easily
be examined with the ip command (emerge iproute2).

HTH...

Dirk

Old 01-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Saturday 31 January 2009 11:44:49 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2009 03:37:51 schrieb Andrew Gaydenko:
> > Hi!
> >
> > KDE doesn't see network intefaces. At selecting System Settings ->
> > Network Settings -> Network Settings an error message appears (twice)
> > saying about XML file parsing error (with information message about
> > platform detecting below the error messages), and the Network Interfaces
> > tab is empty. Thoughts?
>
> I see the same. Didn't even know this existed :-)
>
> On Gentoo, network interfaces are configured in /etc/conf.d/net and can
> easily be examined with the ip command (emerge iproute2).
>
> HTH...
>
> Dirk

I think this is a reason why "Systen Monitor - Network" widget doesn't see any
interface also. So, the question now is: how to tune Gento to make KDE 4.2
happy wrt discovering interfaces?