Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 PM
David Sveningsson

Default Disable xterm scroll-to-bottom and auto scrolling

Hi, I disabled xterm scroll-to-bottom using -si but it is pretty much
useless since the output keeps scrolling anyway. I would like to be able
to scroll freely in the terminal output without any interfering
automatic scrolling. Like Terminal.app in Mac OSX. I've tried reading
the manual and googled a bit but I couldn't find anything. Is it possible?
--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
beautiful new impediments to understanding.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Peter Humphrey

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 20:50:16 David Sveningsson wrote:
> Hi, I disabled xterm scroll-to-bottom using -si but it is pretty much
> useless since the output keeps scrolling anyway. I would like to be able
> to scroll freely in the terminal output without any interfering
> automatic scrolling. Like Terminal.app in Mac OSX. I've tried reading
> the manual and googled a bit but I couldn't find anything. Is it
> possible?

In KDE, if you use the mouse to scroll up the Konsole display while a
program is still updating it. the text gets added to the bit of the display
you can't see; the only visible effect is the thumb moving up the scroll
bar. At least, my box does that; it may depend on telling Konsole to allow
flow control with <CTRL>-Q and <CTRL>-S, which I like to have as well.

--
Rgds
Peter