Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Default How to remove packages from /usr/portage/packages ?

Is there some automated way to remove the packages I created with
'quickpkg' and reside inside /usr/portage/packages without doing it by
hand? I don't mean 'eclean'. That won't remove those that are installed.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Shawn Haggett

On Wednesday 28 January 2009 17:14:46 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Is there some automated way to remove the packages I created with
> 'quickpkg' and reside inside /usr/portage/packages without doing it by
> hand? I don't mean 'eclean'. That won't remove those that are installed.

You want to get rid of ALL of them?

rm -rf /usr/portage/packages/*

Shawn

Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Shawn Haggett wrote:

Is there some automated way to remove the packages I created with
'quickpkg' and reside inside /usr/portage/packages without doing it by
hand? I don't mean 'eclean'. That won't remove those that are installed.

You want to get rid of ALL of them?

rm -rf /usr/portage/packages/*

If that's safe, then I guess that'll do :P

Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 01:41:23 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> > You want to get rid of ALL of them?
> >
> > rm -rf /usr/portage/packages/*
>
> If that's safe, then I guess that'll do :P

Even rm -fr /usr/portage/packages is safe.

If you want to do it selectively, remove the tbz2 files from ${PKGDIR}/
All then use symlinks (or find) to get rid of the dangling links this
leaves.

--
Neil Bothwick

Never kiss anything that doesn't have lips.