Old 01-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Nick Cunningham

Default emerge --sync kde-base/

2009/1/28 AllenJB <gentoo-lists@allenjb.me.uk>

Norberto Bensa wrote:

Hello,

I'm wondering. Is it posible to emerge --sync part of the tree. For

example, I want to only sync kde-base/ and kde-misc/?

Thanks in advance,

Norberto

No, there isn't. You wouldn't want to try either - there will be relevant files in other parts of the tree (eg. eclasses, related packages in other categories) that you'll also want to make sure are up-to-date.

AllenJB

Agreed, i certainly wouldnt recommend it, if its a space issue your better off looking at compressing the tree, or if its speed then mounting it in RAM (or some other method, theres plenty of guides on the forums for just this).

If you *really* want to, then the best (and perhaps only?) way is to use the make.conf option to pass options to rsync and then use this to tell rsync to exclude certain directories, although do note that if you try this it is totally unsupported and will likely get you flamed/ignored/laughed at if you encounter problems

- Nick

Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Norberto Bensa

Thanks NIck and AllenJB

I just wanted kde-4.2 like in: "hey! I want kde 4.2 and I want it
right now!" :-)

Anyway, I already have it.