Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Alan McKinnon

Default Crossover Office and Word 2007

Hi all,

Other than Office 2007 is there any software out there that can *write* .docx?

Work requires me to use this format sometimes (it's not negotiable) and I can
get around it 95% of the time, but the 5% causes me insane amounts of grief.
Even though Office2007 runs perfectly well in CrossOver, I have to put up
with that stupid bouncing ribbon, menus that are not there and <shock>
<horror> <disgust> a productivity app that insists on launching all it's
windows undecorated (this last is the worst of the worst...).

Ooo-3 can read these docs but not write them.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Peter Ruskin

On Monday 26 January 2009, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Other than Office 2007 is there any software out there that can
> *write* .docx?
>
> Work requires me to use this format sometimes (it's not
> negotiable) and I can get around it 95% of the time, but the 5%
> causes me insane amounts of grief. Even though Office2007 runs
> perfectly well in CrossOver, I have to put up with that stupid
> bouncing ribbon, menus that are not there and <shock> <horror>
> <disgust> a productivity app that insists on launching all it's
> windows undecorated (this last is the worst of the worst...).
>
> Ooo-3 can read these docs but not write them.

As far as I can see, Ooo-3 _can_ write MSOffice files. Just open
any OpenOffice document and try "Save As".

--
Peter
Gentoo Linux: Portage 2.2_rc23 kernel-2.6.25-gentoo-r6

Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Robert Bridge

Alan McKinnon wrote:

Other than Office 2007 is there any software out there that can *write* .docx?

Work requires me to use this format sometimes (it's not negotiable) and I can
get around it 95% of the time, but the 5% causes me insane amounts of grief.
Even though Office2007 runs perfectly well in CrossOver, I have to put up
with that stupid bouncing ribbon, menus that are not there and <shock>
<horror> <disgust> a productivity app that insists on launching all it's
windows undecorated (this last is the worst of the worst...).

Ooo-3 can read these docs but not write them.

Why can't you use .doc? Anything that can read .docx can read .doc no
problems. I know in work, we are pretty much pushing the sections with
Office 2007 (2008) to use .doc and not .docx...

RobbieAB