Old 01-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Vizo Allman

Default revdep-rebuild

I keep getting this message when I run revdep-rebuild :
"emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6"
I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this. Any hints?

TIA
-vizo-
--
"Nor aught availed him now
To have build in Heaven high towers * *Nor did he scape

"Milton, "Paradise Lost"

Old 01-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Saphirus Sage

Vizo Allman wrote:
> I keep getting this message when I run revdep-rebuild :
> "emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
> "sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6"
> I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this. Any hints?
>
> TIA
> -vizo-
>
> --
> "Nor aught availed him now
> To have build in Heaven high towers Nor did he scape
> By all his engines
> But was headlong sent with his industrious crew
> To build in Hell
> "Milton, "Paradise Lost"
Update your gcc-profile and re-emerge gcc, that should fix it.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Vizo Allman <vizoster@gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep getting this message when I run revdep-rebuild :
> "emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
> "sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6"
> I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this. Any hints?

what does "emerge -p gcc:3.4" say?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Vizo Allman

I updated profile using gcc-config and re emerged same error

Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 AM
Vizo Allman

[ebuild** R** ] sys-devel/gcc-3.4.6-r2

Thats wht I get

-vizo-

Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Saphirus Sage

Vizo Allman wrote:
> I updated profile using gcc-config and re emerged same error
>
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@gmail.com
> <mailto:saphirus497@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Vizo Allman wrote:
> > I keep getting this message when I run revdep-rebuild :
> > "emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy
> > "sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6"
> > I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this. Any hints?
> >
> > TIA
> > -vizo-
> >
> > --
> > "Nor aught availed him now
> > To have build in Heaven high towers Nor did he scape
> > By all his engines
> > But was headlong sent with his industrious crew
> > To build in Hell
> > "Milton, "Paradise Lost"
> Update your gcc-profile and re-emerge gcc, that should fix it.
>

> --
> "Nor aught availed him now
> To have build in Heaven high towers Nor did he scape
> By all his engines
> But was headlong sent with his industrious crew
> To build in Hell
> "Milton, "Paradise Lost"
Well, it says it's lacking the ebuild, so if that didn't work try an
"emerge --sync" and then revdep-rebuild.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Vizo Allman

Actually it look like revdep is writng emerge command wrong.
cat 4_ebuilds.rr app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-soundlibs:0
sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.3.2

emerge -pv sys-devel/gcc:x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.6

while emerge gcc or emerge - sys-devel/gcc:4.3 does.
hmm...

-vizo-