Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Dominic Kexel

Default problems with rtl8187

Hi there!

Yesterday I updated my kernel to 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 and wanted to give the
rtl8187-module a try. I am using an Alpha-Network WLAN-USB-Adapter with
the Realtek 8187-chipset.

The problem is following:
After loading the module and configuring the interface, everything works
fine for about 10 seconds, and then the connections breaks up.
/var/log/messages doesn't show anything. I have to reload the module
and re-configure the interface to have it work for another 10 seconds.

I blacklisted rtl8187 and installed the r8187-driver-module from
http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/. This works fine, but I don't know
why the kernel-driver does not work as it should.

Any ideas?

--
Dominic Kexel <nexenta@evil-monkey-in-my-closet.com>

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Crob

Dominic Kexel :
> Hi there!
>
> Yesterday I updated my kernel to 2.6.27-gentoo-r8 and wanted to give the
> rtl8187-module a try. I am using an Alpha-Network WLAN-USB-Adapter with
> the Realtek 8187-chipset.
>
> The problem is following:
> After loading the module and configuring the interface, everything works
> fine for about 10 seconds, and then the connections breaks up.
> /var/log/messages doesn't show anything. I have to reload the module
> and re-configure the interface to have it work for another 10 seconds.
>
> I blacklisted rtl8187 and installed the r8187-driver-module from
> http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/. This works fine, but I don't know
> why the kernel-driver does not work as it should.
>

> Any ideas?

I'v got a wireless network card in rtl8187 as well. I'm very srue It
works well with the kernel >=2.6.26.
I used the rtl8187 driver of the kernel supported and compiling it as a
module. It's working stable with aircrack-ng both monitoring and managing.