Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Wojtek Dalętka

Default shoutcast problem 64bit gentoo

Hi,
I've just installed 64bit gentoo on one of these machines:
http://www.ovh.pl/produkty/eg_best_of.xml

Everything is fine. I use hardened profile, Pax, firewall ect, but I've
got problem with ...running a shoutcast server.
I didn't find answer on winamp.com forum and google.

It's exactly the same problem like here:
http://forums.winamp.com/printthread.php?s=48cd69919741579a3c1e4a8b0ac3e38b &threadid=229419

At my server it goes this way:

gentoo shoutcast # pwd
/home/something/shoutcast
gentoo shoutcast # file *
logs: directory
sc_serv: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
sc_serv8002.conf: ASCII English text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
gentoo shoutcast # strace ./sc_serv
execve("./sc_serv", ["./sc_serv"], [/* 26 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such
file or directory)
dup(2) = 3
fcntl(3, F_GETFL) = 0x8002 (flags O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE)
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFCHR|0620, st_rdev=makedev(136, 0), ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
= 0x708341026000
lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
write(3, "strace: exec: No such file or dir"..., 40strace: exec: No such
file or directory
) = 40
close(3) = 0
munmap(0x708341026000, 4096) = 0
exit_group(1) = ?

gentoo shoutcast # /etc/init.d/shoutcast start
* Starting Shoutcast Server ...

[ ok ]
gentoo shoutcast # /sbin/start-stop-daemon: Unable to start
/opt/shoutcast/sc_serv: No such file or directory (No such file or
directory)

The problem is that shoutcast is 32 bit and system is 64 bit (and I
think it should be 64 @ this machine).
I've tried to follow these tips from the forum but it didn't help me.

Can you help me?

Wojtek

Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Wojtek Dalętka

Hi,
I've just installed 64bit gentoo on one of these machines:
http://www.ovh.pl/produkty/eg_best_of.xml

Everything seens to be fine. I use hardened profile but I've got problem
with ...running a shoutcast server.
I didn't find answer on winamp.com forum and google.

It's exactly the same problem like here:
http://forums.winamp.com/printthread.php?s=48cd69919741579a3c1e4a8b0ac3e38b &threadid=229419

At my server it fails this way:

Old 01-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Xav'

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:22:59 +0100, Wojtek Dalętka
<wojtek@radioluz.pwr.wroc.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just installed 64bit gentoo on one of these machines:
> http://www.ovh.pl/produkty/eg_best_of.xml
>
> Everything seens to be fine. I use hardened profile but I've got problem
> with ...running a shoutcast server.
> I didn't find answer on winamp.com forum and google.
>
> It's exactly the same problem like here:

http://forums.winamp.com/printthread.php?s=48cd69919741579a3c1e4a8b0ac3e38b &threadid=229419

> At my server it fails this way:
>
> gentoo shoutcast # pwd
> /home/something/shoutcast
> gentoo shoutcast # file *
> logs: directory
> sc_serv: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
> (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
> stripped
> sc_serv8002.conf: ASCII English text, with CRLF, LF line terminators
> gentoo shoutcast # strace ./sc_serv
> execve("./sc_serv", ["./sc_serv"], [/* 26 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such
> file or directory)
> dup(2) = 3
> fcntl(3, F_GETFL) = 0x8002 (flags
O_RDWR|O_LARGEFILE)
> fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFCHR|0620, st_rdev=makedev(136, 0), ...}) = 0
> mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0)
> = 0x708341026000
> lseek(3, 0, SEEK_CUR) = -1 ESPIPE (Illegal seek)
> write(3, "strace: exec: No such file or dir"..., 40strace: exec: No such
> file or directory
> ) = 40
> close(3) = 0
> munmap(0x708341026000, 4096) = 0
> exit_group(1) = ?
>
> gentoo shoutcast # /etc/init.d/shoutcast start
> * Starting Shoutcast Server ... [ ok ]
> gentoo shoutcast # /sbin/start-stop-daemon: Unable to start
> /opt/shoutcast/sc_serv: No such file or directory (No such file or
> directory)

This is a joke, isn't it ??? the error message coming from rc script is a
bit clear IMHO...

> The problem is that shoutcast is 32 bit and system is 64 bit (and I
> think it should be 64 @ this machine).

64bits system can run either 32 or 64 bits executables. After, it depends
on the libraries used by the 32bits executable, so you have to use a
multilib system.

--
Xavier

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM
"Arttu V."

On 1/23/09, Xav' <xp@linuxant.fr> wrote:
> This is a joke, isn't it ??? the error message coming from rc script is a
> bit clear IMHO...

Well, the error message is clear and that listing from someone's home
directory has me really puzzled -- what's the connection, why present
it?

But maybe he has an /opt he has unmounted since he did "emerge
shoutcast-server-bin"? I do installs the way that I only boot at the
very end of compilations -- when it's really necessary to do so. So
maybe he installed everything -- and forgot /opt from fstab or marked
it not to be mounted automagically?

Or maybe he didn't emerge shoutcast at all, but did something weird
with instructions for some non-gentoo installations?

Anyway, to be of any assistance (and I don't even know or run
shoutcast myself) Mr Daletka should give some more details on how
exactly he got into the situation he is in? How did he install
shoutcast, etc? Why are there binaries in someone's home directory?
(And why is he looking at them instead of the ones that should be
where the init script is looking for?)

--
Arttu V.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Wojtek Dalętka

Arttu V. wrote:
> On 1/23/09, Xav' <xp@linuxant.fr> wrote:
>> This is a joke, isn't it ??? the error message coming from rc script is a
>> bit clear IMHO...
>
> Well, the error message is clear and that listing from someone's home
> directory has me really puzzled -- what's the connection, why present
> it?

It's not a joke.

I'm really not that fresh about installing gentoo and shoutcast. I've
got two production servers (using 32 bit architecture) and this is my
first 64 bit gentoo instalation.
This error is really not caused by a missing sc_serv file....

When using debian, the solution is to install ia-32libs and when using
gentoo it simply doesn't work for me.
That's why I ask here.

Wojtek

Old 01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Saphirus Sage

Wojtek Dalętka wrote:
> Arttu V. wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/09, Xav' <xp@linuxant.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a joke, isn't it ??? the error message coming from rc script is a
>>> bit clear IMHO...
>>>
>> Well, the error message is clear and that listing from someone's home
>> directory has me really puzzled -- what's the connection, why present
>> it?
>>

> It's not a joke.
>
> I'm really not that fresh about installing gentoo and shoutcast. I've
> got two production servers (using 32 bit architecture) and this is my
> first 64 bit gentoo instalation.
> This error is really not caused by a missing sc_serv file....
>
> When using debian, the solution is to install ia-32libs and when using
> gentoo it simply doesn't work for me.
> That's why I ask here.
>
> Wojtek

Have you emerged emul-linux-x86-baselibs or other precompiled 32-bit
libraries?

Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Wojtek Dalętka

Saphirus Sage wrote:
> Have you emerged emul-linux-x86-baselibs or other precompiled 32-bit
> libraries?

YES:
* app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs
Latest version available: 20080316
Latest version installed: 20080316

app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-compat
Latest version available: 20071125-r1
Latest version installed: 20071125-r1

app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-errno-compat
Latest version available: 2.5
Latest version installed: 2.5

other emul-linux..libs are masked...

w.d.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Saphirus Sage

Wojtek Dalętka wrote:
> Saphirus Sage wrote:
>
>> Have you emerged emul-linux-x86-baselibs or other precompiled 32-bit
>> libraries?
>>

> YES:
> * app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs
> Latest version available: 20080316
> Latest version installed: 20080316
>

> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-compat
> Latest version available: 20071125-r1
> Latest version installed: 20071125-r1
>

> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-glibc-errno-compat
> Latest version available: 2.5
> Latest version installed: 2.5
>

> other emul-linux..libs are masked...
>
> w.d.

I can't help but think that your problem comes from shoutcast doesn't
have full support for 64-bit architectures, so I think you do need
emul-linux-x86-soundlibs and emul-linux-x86-sdl or to recompile
shoutcast from source with the 32-bit glibc. Consider unmasking those
two listed packages, installing and trying again to run the shoutcast
daemon.