Old 01-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Grant

Default {OT} firefox-3.0 double-click-to-highlight behavior

Since upgrading to firefox-3.0, double-click-to-highlight behavior has
changed. Double-clicking a word doesn't highlight the entire word any
more, it stops at dashes and underscores. Does anyone know how to
change this behavior?

- Grant

Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since upgrading to firefox-3.0, double-click-to-highlight behavior has
> changed. Double-clicking a word doesn't highlight the entire word any
> more, it stops at dashes and underscores. Does anyone know how to
> change this behavior?

I don't remember it ever working any other way. Seamonkey and Firefox
both behave the same on linux & windows in my test just now.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Friday 23 January 2009 02:08:25 Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Since upgrading to firefox-3.0, double-click-to-highlight behavior has
> > changed. Double-clicking a word doesn't highlight the entire word any
> > more, it stops at dashes and underscores. Does anyone know how to
> > change this behavior?
>
> I don't remember it ever working any other way. Seamonkey and Firefox
> both behave the same on linux & windows in my test just now.

I remember - dots are interpreting as words delimiter now also.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since upgrading to firefox-3.0, double-click-to-highlight behavior has
> changed. Double-clicking a word doesn't highlight the entire word any
> more, it stops at dashes and underscores. Does anyone know how to
> change this behavior?

Found it for you. Go to about:config

layout.word_select.stop_at_punctuation

Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Grant

>> Since upgrading to firefox-3.0, double-click-to-highlight behavior has
>> changed. Double-clicking a word doesn't highlight the entire word any
>> more, it stops at dashes and underscores. Does anyone know how to
>> change this behavior?
>
> Found it for you. Go to about:config
>
> layout.word_select.stop_at_punctuation

Thank you very much.