Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
Grant

Default cnn.com flash videos crash firefox

Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
This one for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html

?

- Grant

Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Shawn Haggett

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:37:23 pm Grant wrote:
> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
> This one for example:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
>
> ?
>
> - Grant

I couldn't see any videos on that page... although the one at:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/videos.obama/index.html

played just fine.

On:
Intel Core2 Duo (Running in 64-bit)
www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.4-r1
net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha

You can try starting firefox from the command line, then when it crashes you
can see if it prints any helpful messages before dying.

Shawn

Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM
KH

Shawn Haggett schrieb:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:37:23 pm Grant wrote:
>
>> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
>> This one for example:
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
>>
>> ?
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> I couldn't see any videos on that page... although the one at:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/videos.obama/index.html
>
> played just fine.
>
> On:
> Intel Core2 Duo (Running in 64-bit)
> www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.4-r1
> net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha
>
> You can try starting firefox from the command line, then when it crashes you
> can see if it prints any helpful messages before dying.
>
> Shawn

Same for me. No video found following the first link. Second link works
fine.
www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.5
net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha
Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Micro-ATX-Mainboard in einer OEM-Version von Asus mit Nvidias nForce4
(A8NE-FM/S).
PEG-Grafikkarte von Leadtek mit Nvidia GeForce 6600

kh

Old 01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Stroller

On 22 Jan 2009, at 03:07, Grant wrote:

Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
This one for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html

Oh, noes!

I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and
this is why it's crashing.

The only cure is to format the hard-drive.

Stroller.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Grant

>> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
>> This one for example:
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
>
> Oh, noes!
>
> I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and
> this is why it's crashing.
>
> The only cure is to format the hard-drive.

While that is humorous, it doesn't make sense. That's an Obama link.

Anyway, I'm getting this in the terminal:

$ firefox
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
[/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so: undefined
symbol: _ZN13nsTArray_base9sEmptyHdrE]
Killed

and I'm re-emerging totem, xulrunner, and firefox to see if that fixes it.

- Grant

Old 01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Mark Knecht

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:19 AM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
>>> This one for example:
>>>
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
>>
>> Oh, noes!
>>
>> I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and
>> this is why it's crashing.
>>
>> The only cure is to format the hard-drive.
>
> While that is humorous, it doesn't make sense. That's an Obama link.
>
> Anyway, I'm getting this in the terminal:
>
> $ firefox
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
> [/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so: undefined
> symbol: _ZN13nsTArray_base9sEmptyHdrE]
> Killed
>
> and I'm re-emerging totem, xulrunner, and firefox to see if that fixes it.
>
> - Grant

Humm, Firefox isn't crashing for me, but I'm also not seeing a video
at this link. What am I supposed to play?

- Mark

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Norberto Bensa

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Stroller
<stroller@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and this
> is why it's crashing.

AH HA HAAA!!!!!... I was drinking coffee when I read your comment. I
just ruinned my LCD

BTW: The video plays fine here. OMG! Look at how many digital cams are
there! What are they going to do with all the mercury in those little
screens?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Grant wrote:

Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
This one for example:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html

The videos play fine here. I'm on AMD64,
www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.0.5 and net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Grant

>> Do cnn.com videos *not* crash for anyone with the latest Firefox?
>> This one for example:
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/20/white.house.website/index.html
>
> Oh, noes!
>
> I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and this
> is why it's crashing.

Oh I get it, the computer doesn't want me to see the Obama video. Yes
that's funny.

- Grant

Old 01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Grant

>>> Oh, noes!
>>>
>>> I am sorry to tell you that your computer is a redneck republican, and
>>> this is why it's crashing.
>>>
>>> The only cure is to format the hard-drive.
>>
>> While that is humorous, it doesn't make sense. That's an Obama link.
>>
>> Anyway, I'm getting this in the terminal:
>>
>> $ firefox
>> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
>> /usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so
>> [/usr/lib64/nsbrowser/plugins/libtotem-complex-plugin.so: undefined
>> symbol: _ZN13nsTArray_base9sEmptyHdrE]
>> Killed
>>
>> and I'm re-emerging totem, xulrunner, and firefox to see if that fixes it.
>>
>> - Grant
>>

> Humm, Firefox isn't crashing for me, but I'm also not seeing a video
> at this link. What am I supposed to play?
>
> - Mark

Sorry, I blew it with that link. Any cnn.com video will work.

- Grant