Old 01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Thufir

Default screen resolution and aspect ratio change

I have very vanilla hardware and when I just booted the resolution
appears lower (icons bigger, jpg's blurry) and the aspect ratio is off
(icons are taller than usual).

The screen resolution is currently 960x600, which I don't recall ever
having even heard of. If it was 1020xwhatever, which I suspect it
probably was, would that information be logged somewhere?

It's a built-in video card, but, I guess, could be a hw problem.

The monitor settings don't offer a resolution setting.

-Thufir

Old 01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Daniel Troeder

Am Mittwoch, den 21.01.2009, 17:16 +0000 schrieb Thufir:
> I have very vanilla hardware and when I just booted the resolution
> appears lower (icons bigger, jpg's blurry) and the aspect ratio is off
> (icons are taller than usual).
>
> The screen resolution is currently 960x600, which I don't recall ever
> having even heard of. If it was 1020xwhatever, which I suspect it
> probably was, would that information be logged somewhere?
>
> It's a built-in video card, but, I guess, could be a hw problem.
>
> The monitor settings don't offer a resolution setting.
>

> -Thufir
Hello

Is it a notebook or desktop PC?
Is it a CRT or TFT?
What graphics card, what monitor?

What's the output of "lspci"?
What's the output of "xrandr --query"?
What's the output of "sudo get-edid | /usr/sbin/parse-edid"?

(You need x11-apps/xrandr and x11-misc/read-edid - both is probably
installed if you have X.)

Bye,
Daniel

--
PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
# gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887