Old 01-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Paul Hartman

Default Better way than ifplugd?

Hi,

For years I've been using ifplugd for hotplugging of ethernet cables.
However, in powertop I see eth0 showing tons of wakeups when these are
not plugged in.

Is there a newer/better way to do automatic enable/disable of an
interface when the cable is plugged in or unplugged? I think the
never-ending polling of eth0 can't be good for my laptop battery
life...

Thanks,
Paul