Old 01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Helmut Jarausch

Default Aborting due to QA concerns: textrels

Hi,

has portage become stricter?

Since emerging portage-2.2_rc23 I get several failures saying
* ERROR: media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20090121 failed.
* Call stack:
* misc-functions.sh, line 717: Called install_qa_check
* misc-functions.sh, line 234: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "Aborting due to QA concerns: ${die_msg}"
* The die message:
* Aborting due to QA concerns: textrels,
*

Is the just coincidence or has portage become stricter?

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:47:44 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:

> * The specific snippet of code:
> * die "Aborting due to QA concerns: ${die_msg}"
> * The die message:
> * Aborting due to QA concerns: textrels,
> *
>
> Is the just coincidence or has portage become stricter?

You can probably avoid these checks by putting -strict in FEATURES.

--
Neil Bothwick

Aibohphobia: an irrational fear of palindromes.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Helmut Jarausch

On 21 Jan, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:47:44 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> * The specific snippet of code:
>> * die "Aborting due to QA concerns: ${die_msg}"
>> * The die message:
>> * Aborting due to QA concerns: textrels,
>> *
>>
>> Is the just coincidence or has portage become stricter?
>
> You can probably avoid these checks by putting -strict in FEATURES.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help.
Anyway,
many thanks,
Helmut.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Helmut Jarausch

On 21 Jan, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:47:44 +0100 (CET), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>
>> * The specific snippet of code:
>> * die "Aborting due to QA concerns: ${die_msg}"
>> * The die message:
>> * Aborting due to QA concerns: textrels,
>> *
>>
>> Is the just coincidence or has portage become stricter?
>
> You can probably avoid these checks by putting -strict in FEATURES.

Thanks,

I found out the option is '-stricter'
This seems to be necessary for quite a lot of packages now.

Helmut.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 AM
ABCD