Old 01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Grant

Default netscape-flash only works once

Flash used to work perfectly, but now it only works once between
netscape-flash emerges. When I emerge netscape-flash, open firefox,
and visit youtube.com, it works. But if I then close firefox, re-open
it, and visit youtube.com, flash doesn't work. If I re-emerge
netscape-flash it starts working again. I'm using
netscape-flash-10.0.15.3. Any ideas?

- Grant

Old 01-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Paul Hartman

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Flash used to work perfectly, but now it only works once between
> netscape-flash emerges. When I emerge netscape-flash, open firefox,
> and visit youtube.com, it works. But if I then close firefox, re-open
> it, and visit youtube.com, flash doesn't work. If I re-emerge
> netscape-flash it starts working again. I'm using
> netscape-flash-10.0.15.3. Any ideas?
>
> - Grant

what arch are you running? If am64, try the
net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha which is a native 64-bit (and
you can unmerge nspluginwrapper)

I had the exact same problems when using the 32-bit flash in 64-bit
pluginwrapper

If you're not using that setup, then ignore this message

Paul

Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Grant

>> Flash used to work perfectly, but now it only works once between
>> netscape-flash emerges. When I emerge netscape-flash, open firefox,
>> and visit youtube.com, it works. But if I then close firefox, re-open
>> it, and visit youtube.com, flash doesn't work. If I re-emerge
>> netscape-flash it starts working again. I'm using
>> netscape-flash-10.0.15.3. Any ideas?
>>
>> - Grant
>
> what arch are you running? If am64, try the
> net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha which is a native 64-bit (and
> you can unmerge nspluginwrapper)
>
> I had the exact same problems when using the 32-bit flash in 64-bit
> pluginwrapper
>
> If you're not using that setup, then ignore this message
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul, I am on amd64 and I think this means no more firefox-bin
which is great. I'm getting this after upgrading netscape-flash and
visiting youtube.com with firefox (no -bin):

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
/home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
[/home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: cannot make segment
writable for relocation: Permission denied]

Do I need to re-emerge firefox or could this have to do with my
hardened kernel settings?

- Grant

Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Grant

>>> Flash used to work perfectly, but now it only works once between
>>> netscape-flash emerges. When I emerge netscape-flash, open firefox,
>>> and visit youtube.com, it works. But if I then close firefox, re-open
>>> it, and visit youtube.com, flash doesn't work. If I re-emerge
>>> netscape-flash it starts working again. I'm using
>>> netscape-flash-10.0.15.3. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> - Grant
>>
>> what arch are you running? If am64, try the
>> net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha which is a native 64-bit (and
>> you can unmerge nspluginwrapper)
>>
>> I had the exact same problems when using the 32-bit flash in 64-bit
>> pluginwrapper
>>
>> If you're not using that setup, then ignore this message
>>
>> Paul
>
> Thanks Paul, I am on amd64 and I think this means no more firefox-bin
> which is great. I'm getting this after upgrading netscape-flash and
> visiting youtube.com with firefox (no -bin):
>
> LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library
> /home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
> [/home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: cannot make segment
> writable for relocation: Permission denied]
>
> Do I need to re-emerge firefox or could this have to do with my
> hardened kernel settings?
>
> - Grant

Actually it looks like I don't even have mozilla-firefox installed so
I must have been launching firefox-bin with 'firefox'.

- Grant

Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Nick Cunningham

2009/1/20 Grant <emailgrant@gmail.com>

>> Flash used to work perfectly, but now it only works once between

>> netscape-flash emerges. *When I emerge netscape-flash, open firefox,

>> and visit youtube.com, it works. *But if I then close firefox, re-open

>> it, and visit youtube.com, flash doesn't work. *If I re-emerge

>> netscape-flash it starts working again. *I'm using

>> netscape-flash-10.0.15.3. *Any ideas?

>> - Grant

> what arch are you running? If am64, try the

> net-www/netscape-flash-10.0.21.1_alpha which is a native 64-bit (and

> you can unmerge nspluginwrapper)

> I had the exact same problems when using the 32-bit flash in 64-bit

> pluginwrapper

> If you're not using that setup, then ignore this message

> Paul

Thanks Paul, I am on amd64 and I think this means no more firefox-bin

which is great. *I'm getting this after upgrading netscape-flash and

visiting youtube.com with firefox (no -bin):

LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library

/home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

[/home/marant/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so: cannot make segment

writable for relocation: Permission denied]

Do I need to re-emerge firefox or could this have to do with my

hardened kernel settings?

- Grant

That looks suspiciously like its to do with your hardened setup.
I too have 64bit FF and 64 flash working nicely here, so glad to be done with nspluginwrapper, which barely ever worked for me anyway

*- Nick