Old 01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

Default alsa-driver version in gentoo-sources

How to determine?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Saphirus Sage

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> How to determine?

ls /usr/portage/metadata/cache/media-libs | grep alsa

That should show you the alsa libs and drivers you have installed on
your system.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Monday 19 January 2009 22:57:57 Saphirus Sage wrote:
> Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > How to determine?
>
> ls /usr/portage/metadata/cache/media-libs | grep alsa
>
> That should show you the alsa libs and drivers you have installed on
> your system.

The thing is I use drivers from the gentoo-sources kernel.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@gaydenko.com> wrote:
> How to determine?

cat /usr/src/linux/include/sound/version.h

(replace "linux" with specific version if not your current)

Also you can see the currently running version with:
cat /proc/asound/version

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Andrew Gaydenko

On Monday 19 January 2009 23:08:41 Paul Hartman wrote:
> cat /proc/asound/version

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2009, 12:58 AM
"Norberto Bensa"

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@gmail.com> wrote:

ls /usr/portage/metadata/cache/media-libs | grep alsa

That should show you the alsa libs and drivers you have installed on

your system.

Nope. That will give you what's available for install. You want something like:

$ ls /var/db/pkg/media-sound/ | grep alsa
alsa-headers-1.0.19/
alsa-utils-1.0.18/